Why Switch to Reusable?
Reusable gowns are both an environmentally friendly and cost effective option. Reusable gowns can reduce medical waste as much as 80 percent. Additionally, our manufacturing operations run on over 90 percent solar energy, a renewable resource that helps reduce our carbon footprint.
Do you know that hospitals in the United States alone use over 250 million disposable gowns a year? Disposable, single-use isolation gowns cost up to 50 percent more than the cost of a reusable isolation gown per use. Disposable, single-use surgical gowns cost up to 85 percent more than the cost of a reusable surgical gown per use. Hospitals who are introducing reusable garment programs are seeing significant savings in their pocket and on the Earth.
Switching from a disposable to a reusable gown program can have the following impacts on your sustainability goals:
NATURAL RESOURCE ENERGY (NRE)
GLOBAL WARMING POTENTIAL (GWP)
Our Sustainable Operations
- Our Manufacturing runs on 90%+ Renewable Energy!
- Our operations use a mix of solar power, hydropower and geothermal that helps reduce our carbon footprint and environmental impact.
- We use BlueSign Certified textiles to reduce the environmental impact from our textile purchases.
- We use 95%+ recycled packaging to limit our waste.
- Since we use locally sourced textiles, primarily from USA, we also reduce the impact of shipping on our carbon footprint.
- Our precision laser cutters are environmentally friendly because it produces little to no fabric waste.
- Our plastic garment bags are Recycled, Recyclable, and Biodegradable!
High Performance Fabrics
- Textiles from the USA
- Luxurious fabrics are moisture-wicking, four-way stretch and UPF 50+
- Reusable, lightweight, breathable, AAMI level certified, medical materials
- Custom blends that you can wear from on to off-shift