Our Sustainable Operations
- Our Manufacturing runs on 90%+ Renewable Energy!
- Our operations use a mix of solar power, hydropower and geothermal that helps reduce our carbon footprint and environmental impact.
- We use BlueSign Certified textiles to reduce the environmental impact from our textile purchases.
- We use 95%+ recycled packaging to limit our waste.
- Since we use locally sourced textiles, primarily from USA, we also reduce the impact of shipping on our carbon footprint.
- Our precision laser cutters are environmentally friendly because it produces little to no fabric waste.
- Our plastic garment bags are Recycled, Recyclable, and Biodegradable!
Renewable Energy Usage in Our Manufacturing
*Approximate renewable energy usage based on available information.
Savings For You And The Earth
Reusable gowns are both an environmentally friendly and cost effective option. Reusable gowns can reduce medical waste as much as 80 percent. Additionally, our manufacturing operations run on over 90 percent solar energy, a renewable resource that helps reduce our carbon footprint.
Do you know that hospitals in the United States alone use over 250 million disposable gowns a year? Disposable, single-use isolation gowns cost up to 50 percent more than the cost of a reusable isolation gown per use. Disposable, single-use surgical gowns cost up to 85 percent more than the cost of a reusable surgical gown per use. Hospitals who are introducing reusable garment programs are seeing significant savings in their pocket and on the Earth.
Switching from a disposable to a reusable gown program can have the following impacts on your sustainability goals:
NATURAL RESOURCE ENERGY (NRE)
GLOBAL WARMING POTENTIAL (GWP)
Maximizing Water Conservation
Did you know that the average dyed shirt wastes 2,700 liters of water? Our eco-friendly sublimation process allows for greater customization with infinite possibilities for design. Not to mention it uses 10x less energy consumption than regular dyed fabric!
- Environmentally friendly = reduced fabric waste
- Allows for infinite design options
- Allows for full control over colors & designs
The Covid19 pandemic highlighted the dangers of the disposable supply chain. With back-orders and stock deficiencies the front line was left with inadequate protection.
Supply Security: Be immune to any supply chain issue with a reusable gown program and your front line will always be protected. With reusable gowns you can extend your supply in a way that is not possible with disposable options.
Vertically Integrated Operation: La Forma is a vertically integrated operation protecting against supply chain issues. Locally sourced fabrics and Western Hemisphere operations provide a reliable quick turn and ship program. We offer weekly deliveries, instead of waiting for your order to be complete.
We Care About Our Community
La Forma Medical Working Standards.
The doors to our clinics have been opened since 2000.Our General Medicine and OBYN doctors provide quality medical attention to about 60,000 patients each year.
We have an on-site pharmacy, in cooperation with the Instituto Salvadoreño de Seguro Social (ISSS), which distributes medicine to about 120,000 patients a year.
We are constantly lending a helping hand to our neighboring communities through our construction team. We have contributed to the development of the area by repairing roads, building pedestrian bridges, building flood relief channels, giving away contraction materials, among others.
CHILDREN DEVELOPMENT CENTER
0-5 Years Old in partnership with league.